Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 100 - General conference and a temple trip

Watching conference
Hey hey!!

Well, doesn't get much better than conference weekend. It came and went too fast. I felt like each session was about 20 minutes long haha but it was amazing, I loved it so much. There's just nothing better than hearing the inspired words of the Lord's servants. And going to the temple. That's pretty cool too. And luckily it worked out and we got to do them both this week! The perfect way to get ready for conference. 

Monday and Tuesday were pretty normal. Just pday and then a normal day's work. Always good.

Wednesday we got up early to get on the bus at 5:30 that would take us to the temple, which because of the traffic didn't show up until about 6:00 and then it was another hour and a half before we got to the temple. We were supposed to get there for the 7:00 session so we had to wait until the 9:00 one, but it turned out alright and we got to go through anyway. It was a really special session for me, too, I felt like I got more out of it than I ever have before. Love the temple.


Thursday was pretty cool. Don't remember much, but it was cool.

Friday was another pretty normal day, which has been nice because I feel like my mission is lasting longer and the time hasn't passed as fast as before so I'm good with that.


But then the weekend rolled around and everything sped up again haha Saturday was perfect. Got to see all three sessions without problems. I loved Elder Cook's talk when he said that our stumbling blocks can become stepping stones. That really hit me and has stuck with me these last few days. I also loved Elder Oaks' talk. Great boost for the members. 

Priesthood session was awesome as always. Elder Holland coming in clutch with another great talk.

Then Sunday was another amazing day. I really liked President Nelson's talk about having joy through suffering. I think it's one of the biggest lessons I've been trying to learn on my mission. It's not always easy to be a missionary, in fact it's almost never, but I don't think it's supposed to be. The trials and tests don't get easier or softer as time goes on, but I've been able to see how the Lord has taught me to deal with them and be able to stay positive and joyful even through the hardest moments. Even as those freezing saints huddled in that bitter cold cabin maintained their cheerful spirits, the Lord has taught me how to keep smiling when doors are slammed, appointments are cancelled, and invitations are rejected. One of the best talks from conference.

But I love you all a ton! You're the best, thanks for everything!

Elder Hansen

Random dog walked into our district meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment